Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
Booking Sponsored Benefit (BSB) allows us to cover a portion of the room cost to attract potential bookers. That means we’ll pay part of the room cost on behalf of customers to help increase bookings for partners.
You may notice your rates appear lower on our platform than the rate you set. This adjustment is due to BSB and doesn’t affect your revenue or agreed commission. BSB optimizes your property’s revenue and increases conversion while still ensuring you receive the full transaction value for the room.
In this article:
- How BSB benefits your business
- How BSB works
- When BSB is applicable
How does BSB benefit your business?
When applied, BSB offers the following advantages for your business:
- Boosts bookings from price-conscious customers
- Lowers cancellations with customers paying in advance
- Increases your revenue by covering the reduced amount to drive more bookings
How BSB works
BSB benefits are only applied to some reservations. When certain customers search for rooms on Booking.com, we display a reduced rate to entice them to book. We cover the reduced portion of the room cost so you still receive the full transaction value you set for the room.
It’s important to note that you’re still required to pay the standard commission percentage on the room price as originally set.
When BSB is applicable
Depending on your property’s location, there are a few criteria that determine if BSB is applicable for your property. These criteria include:
- Your property uses the Payments by Booking.com solution
- Your property may have a non-competitive price
- You may have opted in to the program via the Opportunity Center
Based on these and a few other factors, we’ll determine whether the benefit can be applied to your property
What other partners are reading
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Preparing your property for reopening
- Setting up dorm rooms
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2024 Deals
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal: FAQ