Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
When it comes to increasing the number of guests at your property, it pays to offer a variety of options. Our advice for offering more availability in your calendar can help you increase bookings. Selecting the right mix of rate plans and policies for your property will also help you stand out to potential guests on our platform.
In this article
Setting up your rooms or units
You can start receiving bookings on our platform only after adding your property's rooms or units on the Extranet. To set up or edit your rooms or units, select Property layout or Room details under the Property tab.
It’s important to describe your rooms or units clearly so potential guests know what to expect. Make your property page as accurate as possible by updating your room or unit types, names, or by adding or removing amenities and facilities on the Extranet.
To attract more bookings from families with children, consider extending room occupancy with cribs and/or extra beds. Read about setting up children rates here.
Setting up your availability
After you mark your property as open and bookable, tell us when your rooms or units will be available so guests can view and book them.
We strongly recommend providing availability for up to 16 months in advance so you don’t miss out on potential bookings. Keep your availability up to date by going to the Extranet’s Rates & availability tab and selecting Calendar. You can also upload your availability in the Pulse mobile app.
If you manage your property using a connectivity provider or channel manager, you can map your rooms or units to your provider and keep your availability synchronized everywhere at once.
Setting up your rate plans
Rate plans determine the pricing of your rooms or units on our platform. Understanding the rate plans available on our platform is key to deciding which one is right for your property. You can set up or update your rate plans under the Extranet’s Rates & Availability tab.
You can also select different rates based on how many people will stay in each room, called pricing per guest. Your rooms or units should be set up to accept multiple occupancies, from a single person to a group, depending on what’s available.
You can also welcome families to your property by setting up children rates.
Setting up your policies
Policies set the conditions for how guests can book your property, for example, how far in advance they can book. Policies help you attract the right type of guests and lets them know what to expect before they arrive.
Whether you have a single property or multiple, changing policies is easy. You’ll find it in the Extranet’s Policies section, under the Property tab. Consider the right cancellation policies so guests know what to expect if they change or cancel their booking.
Your Rates & Availability
- Setting up derived pricing
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding long-stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2024 Deals
- Using your availability, rate plans, and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal in the US: FAQ