Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
You can change the number of guests that can stay in a room or unit. However, this will affect future reservations, so be sure to check your upcoming bookings and whether you have the correct availability. You’ll also need to change your rates accordingly, where applicable. Keep in mind that the price shown for a room or unit is based on the bedding options you added to it.
In this article
Changing the maximum occupancy of a room or unit
Follow these steps to change the occupancy for a room or unit:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property
- Depending on your property type, select either Property layout or Room details
- Find the room or unit you want to update and click Edit
- Under Bed options and occupancy, update the Max occupancy with the number of guests that can stay in each room or unit
- Click Continue to save
Adding prices for extra beds
If you add extra beds to a room or unit, you can adjust the room or unit’s price by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property , then select Policies
- In the Children & extra beds section, click Edit under Extra bed & crib options
- Add the number of cribs and/or extra beds you added to each room or unit type
- Add any price or age restrictions you have, as well as extra bed policies
- Click Save
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- A step-by-step visual guide for adding restrictions to availability
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- A step-by-step visual guide for updating your availability
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly or Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates