Changing a room or unit name
You can request to update a room or unit to one from our list of standard room and unit names.
Standard room and unit names help keep info clear and consistent for guests across our platform – and in all 43 languages we offer. Research shows that standard room and unit names also help generate more bookings. You can still describe any additional features and special details in the room or unit and property descriptions.
What’s in this article
How to change a room or unit name
To update a room unit name, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Property , then click either Property layout or Room details
- Click Edit under the room or unit you’d like to change
- Under Room type, select the type of room or unit that this is
- Under Room name, select the standard room or unit name that matches best
- Under Custom name, enter a name for this room or unit for your reference
- Click Continue
If you want to change the name of a room or unit that has upcoming bookings, contact us via the Extranet inbox. When you send us a message, select Property details as the topic and Room details as the subtopic.
Keep in mind that updating the room or unit type will affect any future reservations. Check the Extranet’s Rates & Availability section to make sure this info is correct.
How we display custom room and unit names
You can create custom names for personal reference and to help you manage your rooms, units, and reservations. Only you can see your custom names on the Extranet – travelers don’t see these on our platform.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- A step-by-step visual guide for adding restrictions to availability
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- A step-by-step visual guide for updating your availability
- How do I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Setting up dorm rooms
- Setting up “No arrivals” and “No departures” restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close, and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- How do I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Can I combine discounts on rate plans and promotions?
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan info
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Selling meals as extras
- Creating meal plan packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible – 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly or Monthly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- How to use the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up US State Rates