Setting up Weekly or Monthly Rate Plans
One of the best ways to increase occupancy is to provide a discounted rate for longer stays at your property. Not only does this help you secure revenue, but long stays also reduce operational hassle on your end: Less time spent checking guests in and out, plus simpler cleaning and sanitizing jobs.
With weekly and monthly rates, you can make the most of the increased demand we’re seeing for longer stays. This is also an opportunity to expand your reach to more audiences, like business travelers, families, and domestic travelers who are looking to stay longer.
In this article
Reservations that last 7 nights or more are considered long stays. You can apply one of two rates to these types of stays:
- Weekly Rates – these require a minimum stay of 7 nights
- Monthly Rates – these require a minimum stay of 28 nights
You can decide which cancellation policy applies on a rate-by-rate basis when you set them up for your property.
To find out more about Weekly and Monthly Rates, take a look at this Solutions page.
You can set up both Weekly and Monthly Rates by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click Rates & Availability, then select Rate Plans
- Click Add new rate plan
- Choose Weekly or Monthly, then click Add rate plan. If you want to set up both, you can repeat this process once for each Rate Plan
- On the next page, set up the details of your Rate Plan, then click Review
- Click Activate rate plan
1. Can I implement Weekly and Monthly Rates in bulk?
Not yet – but we’re working on it. By January 2021, we hope to allow partners with multiple properties to implement both Weekly and Monthly Rates in bulk on the Extranet.
2. How can connected properties implement Weekly and Monthly Rate Plans?
It depends on what pricing model you use to manage your property’s rates and availability on our platform.
- If you already use our length of stay (LOS) pricing model to send us LOS-based prices via your Connectivity provider (e.g. your channel manager), you can continue without taking your properties offline as usual. Just make sure you send us discounted prices for longer stays (i.e. 7+ nights) so travelers can see these when they search on our platform.
- If you use a channel manager or property management system to set up rates directly on our channel, you can create new Weekly and Monthly Rate Plans by using minimum length of stay restrictions – 7 nights for weekly rates and 28 nights for monthly rates. We’ll automatically add these rates to the Extranet.
- If you don’t use our LOS pricing model or can’t create Rate Plans directly from your channel manager or property management system, you can still set up Long Stay Rates on the Extranet. These rates will only appear on our platform, not on your other distribution channels. The Weekly Rate will be created as a new, discounted version of a pre-existing Rate Plan already managed via your Connectivity provider. You can do the same with your Monthly Rate or else create an entirely new Monthly Rate. In either case, you should always map these rates back to your channel manager to avoid potential discrepancies in prices or reservations.
3. How do Weekly and Monthly Rates work with other discounts and promotions?
Weekly and Monthly Rate Plans are combined the same way as other Rate Plans are. This means we’ll apply other discounts and promotions like Genius discounts on top of Weekly and Monthly Rates.
4. Can I set up seasonal Weekly and Monthly Rates?
Yes. As with other Rate Plans, you can choose the dates when each rate applies using the calendar on the Extranet.
5. Are Weekly and Monthly Rate Plans created as new Rate Plans or based on an existing Rate Plan?
- You can create a Monthly Rate Plan as a new Rate Plan or base it on an existing one. To set it up as a new rate, change the prices yourself, then send them to us through your Connectivity provider if you’re working with one.
- You can only set up a Weekly Rate Plan as a version of an existing Rate Plan. You can set restrictions on length of stay and minimum advanced reservation time independently of your Connectivity provider, and also add or deactivate the rate.
6. Can I customize my Weekly and Monthly Rates?
Yes. You can customize the cancellation policy, the meal plans included, the dates when the rate is bookable, the discount amount, and which units or rooms the Rate Plan applies to.
If your Weekly or Monthly Rate Plan is a discounted version of an existing Rate Plan, then it will automatically be open for bookings on the same dates as the existing Rate Plan that it’s based on.
7. Will the maximum number of nights a guest can book at one property be extended?
We’re currently running a pilot program in select cities where we’ve extended the maximum length of stay beyond 30 nights. Outside of this pilot, the maximum length of stay is still 30 nights for the time being.
8. How are Weekly and Monthly Rates shown to travelers on Booking.com?
When you set up discounted Weekly and Monthly Rates, your property becomes easier to find for travelers searching for longer stays. This targeted approach can help you reach more potential guests with attractive rates.
9. What if I still have questions about Weekly and Monthly Rates?
You can learn more about this topic in the Partner Community (only available in English and Italian), where you can ask questions and share your experience with other partners. You can also contact us through the Extranet inbox.
Your Rates & Availability