Note: Depending on your property type, this feature might not be available yet. Follow the instructions on setting up minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions on this page.
Restrictions make sure you get bookings the way you want them. Minimum and maximum length of stay restrictions are a way to keep guests from booking fewer (or more) days than you want, in accordance with your property’s policies.
If you apply restrictions for certain dates, rooms, and/or rate plans, guests can only book your property when their search criteria meet the conditions you've set. For example, if you have applied a minimum length of stay restriction of 3 days, your property won’t appear in the search results for guests who are looking for 2-night stays.
We made it easy for you to update these restrictions. Below are two options. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see on the Extranet, then follow the appropriate steps.
If you're using the List view calendar, you can set the minimum or maximum length of stay by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Calendar under the Rates & Availability tab or Calendar & Pricing.
- Next to the date selector, you'll see a small square with Restrictions next to it. This square is a filter – click it to display all the restrictions for your rooms.
- In the drop-down menu, look for Minimum/Maximum length of stay. Then click the box next to the restriction you want to select.
- Enter your minimum or maximum number of days that you want to apply to the room or unit. For example, if you want to set a minimum stay length of 3 days, you enter "3" in the white box. Click Save when you're done.
- To set these restrictions for multiple days, click the white box next to the restriction and drag the blue circles that appear in the corner of the cells. A pop-up will appear where you can add the number of days. Click Save.
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead, click the Bulk edit button under your room type or unit name. A panel will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click the Restrictions box. Choose a rate and restriction, then enter the days or hours as usual in the white box below the restriction type. Click Save changes when you're done.
If you're using the Monthly view calendar you can only set the minimum length of stay.
- Under the Rates & Availability tab, click Calendar (or the relevant room name).
- Click a date (or dates).
- Under Minimum length of stay on the right side of the page, a drop-down menu will appear. Choose how many nights you want the minimum stay to be.
- Click Save when you're done.
Note: The maximum length of stay restriction is not currently available on Pulse or on the monthly view calendar at this time.