How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
Restrictions ensure you to get the bookings you want. Minimum and maximum length of stay restrictions are a way to make sure your guests can’t book fewer (or more) days than you want, according to your property’s policies.
If you apply restrictions for certain dates, rooms, and/or rate plans, guests can only book your property when their search criteria meet the conditions you've set. For example, if you have applied a minimum length of stay restriction of 3 days, your property won’t appear in the search results of guests that are looking for 2-night stays. To ensure maximum visibility to potential guests, minimize the number of restrictions you put in place.
We’ve made it very easy for you to add, change, or remove your restrictions. You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see on the Extranet, then follow the relevant steps.
If you’re using the List view calendar, you can set the minimum or maximum length of stay by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Calendar under the Rates & Availability tab or Calendar & Pricing.
- Next to the date selector, you’ll see a small square with Restrictions next to it. This square is a filter. Click it to display all your restrictions for your rooms.
- In the drop-down menu, look for Minimum or Maximum length of stay. Then click the box next to the restriction you’d like to select.
- Enter your minimum or maximum number of days that you’d like to apply to that room or unit. For example, if you want to set a minimum stay length of three days, you’d enter “3” into the white box. Click Save when you’re done.
- To set these restrictions for multiple days, click the white box next to the restriction and drag the blue circles that appear in the corner of the cell to the left or right. A pop-up will appear where you can add the number of days. Click Save.
- To remove a Minimum or Maximum length of stay restriction for single days, click the white box in which the minimum or maximum length of stay was added (e.g. 3) and delete the number. To remove a restriction from multiple days, highlight the days that have a restriction applied and a pop-up will appear. This will allow you to edit the minimum or maximum length of stay, or to remove it altogether. Once you've edited or removed it, click Save.
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead, click the Bulk edit button under your room type or unit name. A panel will appear on the right-hand side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click the Restrictions box. Select a rate and restriction, then enter the days or hours in the white box below the restriction type. Click Save changes when you’re done.
- To remove restrictions in Bulk, follow the same process as step 7, then either delete the number in the field or select the Remove option. Click Save changes when you’re done.
If you're using the Monthly view calendar, you can only set the minimum length of stay by following these steps:
- Under the Rates & Availability tab, click Calendar (or the relevant room name).
- Click a date (or dates).
- Under Minimum length of stay on the right-hand side of the page, a drop-down menu will appear. Choose how many nights you'd like your minimum stay length to be (up to 7 days).
- Click Save when you’re done.
- To remove Minimum length of stay restrictions in your Monthly view calendar, just select 1 night in the same drop-down menu as your minimum, so guests see your listing when searching for 1-night stays (and beyond). Click Save.
Note: The maximum length of stay restriction isn't currently available on Pulse or on the monthly view calendar.