Reporting no-shows and cancellations
If a guest doesn’t show up for their booking and you choose to waive the fee, it's important to mark the reservation as a no-show. Reporting no-shows and waiving a fee prevents you from being charged commission.
In this article
Marking no-shows on the Extranet
Follow the steps below to mark a no-show on the Extranet:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Reservations
- Select the appropriate reservation.
- Click Mark as a no-show
The reservation will then be canceled. Both you and the guest will receive a confirmation email.
The Mark as a no-show button is only available from midnight on the check-in date to 48 hours after the check-out date. After this point, you won’t be able to report a no-show.
Marking no-shows on Pulse
You can also report no-shows on the Pulse app by following these steps:
- Log in to Pulse
- Select Bookings
- Use the search bar or arrival date to find and select the appropriate reservation
- Select Mark as a no-show
- Select Yes to confirm
Keeping track of no-shows and cancellations
Even after a booking has been canceled, it remains in our system and can’t be deleted. It’s useful to keep a record of this info, which gives you an overview of your property’s performance. This can help you learn how to reduce cancellations in the future.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in