Can I cancel a reservation?
When a guest makes a booking, their reservation is confirmed immediately – there's no way to reject a reservation.
Depending on your policies, a guest might be able to cancel their reservation using a link in their confirmation email or through their Booking account. In some cases, you’re able to initiate a cancellation request if a guest asks you to, or if there are issues with guest payments. See below for more info.
Request by guest:
Invalid credit card:
For info on what to do when a guest uses an invalid credit card, read this article.
No deposit/pre-payment received:
If you haven't received these as expected, learn more about the actions you need to take in this article.
- Setting up minimum length of stay and minimum advance reservation restrictions using Pulse
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay from arrival?
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- If I want to waive cancellation fees, how can I do it?
- How can I immediately re-open rooms to resell them after certain cancellations?
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Changing a guest's reservation dates during Force Majeure
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?