If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
Note: In response to the unprecedented disruption caused by current travel restrictions, we’ve introduced a temporary functionality that allows partners to modify reservation dates themselves, without having to refer guests to our Customer Support team. See “Date modifications” below.
It’s important to let us know about any cancellation requests you receive from guests, so you don’t get charged commission for these bookings.
If a guest wants to cancel a reservation, it’s easy to mark this on the Extranet. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Reservations tab.
- Click the relevant guest name or reservation number.
- Select Request to cancel reservation on the right-hand side of the page.
- Both you and the guest will receive an email confirming that the reservation was canceled.
You may also have the option to suggest a date modification to your guests in order to let them keep their booking and you to keep your reservation, albeit moved to the future. This is a temporary feature intended to help you and your guests change reservation dates, rather than simply cancel.
We strongly encourage partners to read a much more detailed overview of this feature by following this link.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in