How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
Restrictions ensure you to get the bookings you want. Minimum and maximum length of stay restrictions are a way to make sure your guests can’t book fewer (or more) days than you want, according to your property’s policies.
If you apply restrictions for certain dates, rooms, and/or rate plans, guests can only book your property when their search criteria meet the conditions you've set. For example, if you have applied a minimum length of stay restriction of 3 days, your property won’t appear in the search results of guests that are looking for 2-night stays. To ensure maximum visibility to potential guests, minimize the number of restrictions you put in place.
We’ve made it very easy for you to add, change, or remove your restrictions. You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see on the Extranet, then follow the relevant steps.
If you’re using the List view calendar, you can set the minimum or maximum length of stay by following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Calendar under the Rates & Availability tab or Calendar & Pricing.
- Next to the date selector, you’ll see a small square with Restrictions next to it. This square is a filter. Click it to display all your restrictions for your rooms.
- In the drop-down menu, look for Minimum or Maximum length of stay. Then click the box next to the restriction you’d like to select.
- Enter your minimum or maximum number of days that you’d like to apply to that room or unit. For example, if you want to set a minimum stay length of three days, you’d enter “3” into the white box. Click Save when you’re done.
- To set these restrictions for multiple days, click the white box next to the restriction and drag the blue circles that appear in the corner of the cell to the left or right. A pop-up will appear where you can add the number of days. Click Save.
- To remove a Minimum or Maximum length of stay restriction for single days, click the white box in which the minimum or maximum length of stay was added (e.g. 3) and delete the number. To remove a restriction from multiple days, highlight the days that have a restriction applied and a pop-up will appear. This will allow you to edit the minimum or maximum length of stay, or to remove it altogether. Once you've edited or removed it, click Save.
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead, click the Bulk edit button under your room type or unit name. A panel will appear on the right-hand side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click the Restrictions box. Select a rate and restriction, then enter the days or hours in the white box below the restriction type. Click Save changes when you’re done.
- To remove restrictions in Bulk, follow the same process as step 7, then either delete the number in the field or select the Remove option. Click Save changes when you’re done.
If you're using the Monthly view calendar, you can only set the minimum length of stay by following these steps:
- Under the Rates & Availability tab, click Calendar (or the relevant room name).
- Click a date (or dates).
- Under Minimum length of stay on the right-hand side of the page, a drop-down menu will appear. Choose how many nights you'd like your minimum stay length to be (up to 7 days).
- Click Save when you’re done.
- To remove Minimum length of stay restrictions in your Monthly view calendar, just select 1 night in the same drop-down menu as your minimum, so guests see your listing when searching for 1-night stays (and beyond). Click Save.
Note: The maximum length of stay restriction isn't currently available on Pulse or on the monthly view calendar.
- All you need to know about double-bookings
- What info about reservations can I see on the Extranet?
- What information about reservations can I see on the Pulse app?
- Where can I print a reservation?
- Can I make changes to a reservation?
- Can I reject a reservation?
- Free taxi promotion provided by Booking.com
- Setting up minimum length of stay and minimum advance reservation restrictions using Pulse
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay from arrival?
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- If I want to waive cancellation fees, how can I do it?
- How can I immediately re-open rooms to resell them after certain cancellations?
- How do I set up and work with cancellation policies?
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Feature that allows guests to change dates during Force Majeure
- How can I request a date modification for any reservation?
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?
- What is the Reply Score?
- Does Booking.com have access to the messages I send to guests?
- Why does the guest's email address end with "@guest.booking.com?"
- Can I ask the guest for their arrival time?
- 4 tips for seamless pre-stay communication
- I can’t get in touch with the guest. What should I do?
- How can I translate guest messages into my own language?
- How can I send message templates automatically to share important info with guests?
- How do I set up message templates to save time communicating with guests?
- What are automatic replies and how do I add message templates to them?
- Where can I see messages between sent between me and a guest?
- How can I get in touch with a guest through the Extranet?
- How can I use Google Translate to improve communication with guests?