How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
There are many reasons why you wouldn't want to get same-day reservations, which is when a guest books and arrives on the same day. To avoid them, add a "Minimum advance reservation" restriction to your rate plans. Once you set this up, your property will only appear in search results when a guest's criteria matches your condition(s).
You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see on the Extranet, then follow the appropriate steps.
If you use the List view calendar, follow these steps to set up a "Minimum advance reservation" restriction:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Calendar under the Rates & Availability tab.
- Above the calendar, click the white Restrictions checkbox to display all your room restriction options.
- Under the appropriate date and room, click the white cell opposite from Minimum advance reservation. To avoid same-day reservations, enter "1D" (i.e. one day).
- To set this restriction for multiple dates at once, click a cell and drag the blue circles left or right to cover the days you’d like to apply the restriction to. Enter "1D" and click Save
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead: Click the Bulk edit button beneath your room type/unit name. A panel will appear on the right side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click the Restrictions box. Choose a rate and restriction, and add a value in the white box below the selected restriction. Click Save changes when you're done.
If you use the Monthly view calendar, follow these steps to set up a "Minimum advance reservation" restriction:
- Under the Rates & Availability tab, click Calendar (or the relevant room name).
- Click a date, or select multiple dates by dragging the blue circles left or right.
- In the panel to the right of the calendar, click Restrictions under the relevant rate.
- Under Minimum advance reservation, choose 1 day from the drop-down menu.
- Click Done when you’re finished.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set up minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in