Setting guest requirements for bookings
To make sure you receive real bookings from real people, it’s possible to set up specific requirements for guests making reservations. You can set up your property to only accept reservations from bookers with a verified phone number and/or home address.
In this article
How to set up guest requirements
To give you more control over who can make bookings for your property, you can add additional guest requirements on the Extranet by following a few simple steps.
- Log in to the Extranet
- Under the Property tab, click Policies
- Click Edit under Guest info to select whether a guest needs to provide a phone number or home address in order to book
- Finalize your changes by clicking Save
Other guest requirements
We also have other restrictions in place to prevent fraudulent bookings. Travelers must provide a valid email address and—depending on how they pay—also their credit card info. For guests who’ve previously booked accommodations on our platform, they also need a good track record (e.g. have no reports against them or be banned from any properties).
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a "minimum advance reservation" and "maximum advance reservation"?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How do I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How do I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take on the Extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Changing a guest's reservation dates during Force Majeure
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the “Right of Regret” in Brazil?