Updates to Internet Explorer
Microsoft has recently announced the deprecation of Internet Explorer 11. As of August 31, 2021, we’ll no longer support the use of this browser on our platform.
We recommend updating to Microsoft Edge or switching browsers. If you don’t update, you won’t have full functionality on the Extranet after August 31.
In this article
Why update my browser?
As of August 31, Microsoft will start phasing out Internet Explorer 11, with all new updates and features hosted on Edge instead. When a browser isn’t updated, there’s a higher risk of errors and security issues.
We’re stopping our support of Internet Explorer 11, but we want you to continue to use our constantly renewed features. By updating your browser to Edge, we can offer you a smoother experience on the Extranet, more security, and better solutions for your day-to-day business.
Using Internet Explorer mode in Edge
If you’re worried about losing features or incurring operational costs by updating, Microsoft Edge has a feature called Internet Explorer Mode. This mode allows you access to the same apps and websites you’re used to within the new browser.
Feedback, Technical Support & Contacting Us
- Updates to Internet Explorer
- How do I submit feedback or make a complaint?
- How can I report a technical problem with the Booking.com website, apps or Extranet?
- How can I change the language on the Partner Help Center?
- How do I request mediation?
- How to submit a complaint
- Making the most of the Partner Hub