How do I register multiple properties?
If you’re new to Booking.com
During your registration on join.booking.com, you’ll be asked how many properties you want to register.
When you start the process, you’ll go through the steps and register your first property, adding its address and other relevant info such as payment details and at least one photo. Once you finish registering that property, you’ll see a button that allows you to register additional ones.
Each of these properties will have their own property page on Booking.com, each with its own bookable units/rooms.
Exception for home-like properties
If you have multiple properties at the same address/location, you’ll be given the option to register all your properties at once, and they’ll be displayed together on our website. For example, if you have multiple apartments in the same building, you can display all of them in a single listing. Just make sure you specify that you have multiple properties in the same location when asked during registration.
If you’re already a Booking.com partner and want to add more properties, take a look at the scenarios below:
Does this new property have the same address as your current listing (the one you already have an ID for)? We count any single unit of accommodation that you offer as one bookable unit. That means when you want to add an apartment, cottage or villa at the same address as your existing listing, you can add it as a new bookable unit in our system by completing a few tasks:
- Log into your extranet
- Under the Property tab, click on Property layout or Room details create a new room or unit
- Under Room amenities add information about the room/unit like size and available amenities
- Under the Rates & Availability view all rooms/units, and set prices, dates and restrictions for the newly added room or unit
Does this new property have a different address to the one you have already registered?
- Log into the extranet
- Either click on ‘Account’ and select ‘Add new property’, or click on ‘Add new property’ in the top-right corner.
Working together with Booking.com
- What are the benefits of working with Booking.com?
- Viewing your property listing on our platform
- What commission do I pay Booking.com and when do I pay it?
- Why isn't my property live and bookable?
- Why is my property visible on other websites?
- Registering your property
- Step-by-step guidance along your journey with Booking.com
- What are Booking.com’s hospitality standards?
- What’s the Minimal Cleanliness Score Commitment?
- Using the Partner Community
- Partner Community Guidelines
- Understanding the sustainability practices verification process