How does Booking.com work for property owners?
Are you interested in becoming a Booking.com partner and adding your hotel, property or vacation rental to the almost 29 million listings already live on our platform? Great! Here’s how the Booking.com business model works:
Booking.com BV (“Booking.com”) provides online reservation services. We act as an intermediary (agent) between guests who want to make an accommodation reservation and your hotel, property or temporary/vacation rental. This type of business model is also known as an "agency model."
It’s important to remember that the agreement is made directly between you and the guest. Unlike other accommodation reservation websites, Booking.com is not a contracting party in the transaction between your property and the guest. That way, you have full control over your rates and availability, and can offer guests more transparency on your house rules, policies, and overall offerings.
The guest pays the reservation rate to you after their stay, or earlier in the case of a non-refundable booking. You have an agreement with Booking.com for using the online reservation platform and have to pay Booking.com a set commission amount on all confirmed stays, non-refundable reservations, and partially refundable reservations made on our platform. Each month, you receive an invoice detailing how much commission is due.
We don't add anything to your prices. Unlike other platforms that charge guests extra fees, the price you set is the price we display on Booking.com. And you only pay if we generate business for you – there are no added sign-up or listing costs.
Note: When a guest makes a booking through the Booking.com platform, their reservation is confirmed immediately. In general, you can't reject a reservation, except for certain situations.
Learn all about the benefits of partnering up with us.
Want to partner up with Booking.com?
Working together with Booking.com
- How do I add a co-host to my property listing?
- What are the benefits of working with Booking.com?
- What will my property page look like on Booking.com?
- What commission do I pay Booking.com and when do I pay it?
- Why isn't my property live and bookable?
- Why is my property visible on other websites?
- How does Booking.com work for property owners?
- Step-by-step guidance along your journey with Booking.com
- What are Booking.com’s hospitality standards?
- What’s the Minimal Cleanliness Score Commitment?
- All you need to know about Japan’s Go To Travel campaign
- Partner support from Booking.com
- Taking advantage of our Welcome Back to Travel campaign in the European Union