Great job! You've made it to the final stage of your onboarding journey. In this last step, we'll focus on data-driven learnings and analytics. By the end of this section, you'll gain valuable insight into your property's performance through our dashboards and analytics tools. This will help you identify areas of opportunity and grow your business by consistently attracting more bookings through Booking.com.
Grow your business using data
As a leading online travel platform, we have access to valuable data on travel demand and guest behavior. This data is used to create innovative products, services, and tools that empower you to make informed decisions.
In the previous steps, we introduced you to some of these tools, and now we'll show you where to find the rest so you can harness the power of data to drive growth for your business.
Access customized recommendations
To boost your performance on Booking.com, it’s a great idea to regularly check the Extranet’s Opportunity Center. There, you’ll always find a selection of products and tools you can implement to boost your performance.
The opportunities you see are generated using your property’s performance in the last 30 days against similar data from your area, and are grouped into the following categories:
- Ranking: How often your property shows up when guests search for dates you have available.
- Availability: How often your rooms are available on the dates guests search.
- Length of stay: The average number of room nights guests book at your property.
- Conversion: How often your property page converts from a view to a booking.
- Page views: How often guests click your property from the search results page.
- Average daily rate: The average rate you receive, per room night.
- Cancellations: The monetary value of your canceled bookings in the last 30 days in proportion to the value of all your bookings in the same period.
- Reduce workload: Where we show advice that can help improve your operational efficiency.
Your customized opportunities
All the opportunities you see are available throughout the year. The Opportunity Center simply highlights the ones that are currently most impactful for you.
Make use of analytics
As you become more familiar with the tools available to you, the Extranet’s Analytics tab will help you make informed decisions about when and how to use them. It provides a range of reports and dashboards that offer valuable insight into local demand, guest behavior, and your property's performance.
Using this data, you can continuously refine your business strategy. To get started, we recommend exploring the following reports:
- Local Demand Data – Discover valuable insights related to your property's location, including search windows, length of stay, devices used by guests when searching, top countries guests are searching from, and the split between domestic and international guests. Note that this report is only available when enough data has been collected at your property's location to ensure aggregated and anonymized data is shared among direct competitors.
- Pace Report – Track your future bookings and compare your revenue during the same period over multiple years. You can also see how your performance measures up against similar properties and the market in general.
- Sales Statistics – See your year-on-year sales from guests who’ve stayed at your property, compare your performance against similar properties and the market in general, and identify the most successful rooms and rate plans, and when to offer them.
- Booker Insights – See information on the countries your guests are booking from, their reasons for traveling, and the devices used. You can use this data to select appropriate rate plans and/or targeted deals to maximize bookings.
- Book Window Information – See how far in advance your guests are booking stays at your property. You can also check how you compare to your market.
- Cancellation Characteristics – See an overview of cancellation patterns for your property so you can improve your policies and maximize occupancy.
In addition to these, there are other reports available depending on the tools and programs you’ve opted in to.
We’d like to congratulate you on reaching the end of your onboarding journey as a Booking.com accommodation partner!
As you wrap up, we encourage you to look toward the future. Travel and hospitality are constantly evolving, and as your partner, we’re fully committed to supporting you every step of the way. We’ll continue to provide you with necessary resources and assistance as you put these learnings into practice on Booking.com.
Partners can access Booking.com's analytics and reports to understand travel trends, attract more guests, and improve their property's performance. Reports include booking insights, market demand, and competitor analysis, and can be accessed through the Extranet, primarily in the Analytics tab.