Our first booking
We just got our first booking and we're not clear on some things:
1. How do we get guest to agree to our list of house rules before check-in? Preferably not in person
2. What if the guest doesn't reply to messages?
3. Do we have to collect the damage deposit in person or can we do it online (like via stripe)?
4. Someone booked, but they said a friend is going to check in? How to I vet their friend?
5. Airbnb, VRBO, etc offer damage protection and insurance. $350 deposit isn't enough to cover a major loss like a couch. Does booking.com offer any protection? If not how can I get insurance on my own above our homeowners to protect us?