The upsides of room upsells
More revenue and a better ADR
Maximizing your occupancy across room types while keeping your most in-demand rooms available can help improve your Average Daily Rate (ADR).
No need to set up a special offer. We’ve integrated upselling into the pre-trip experience.
Efficient and risk-free
It all happens behind the scenes, using real-time pricing and availability with no risk of double-booking.
How it works
- You can be part of the program just by making sure you have rooms to upsell. When you have rooms available, we present guests with one or more room upsell offers.
- When a guest accepts an offer, we’ll send you a booking modification. You’ll see it marked as a “Paid upgrade” in your reservation list.
- The lower-priced room is automatically released, ready to be sold again.
- The service is included in the commission with no additional costs.
Making your upsell offers irresistible
Guests can closely compare their existing booking with features offered in your higher-priced room. Here are some ways to convince them while they’re deciding:
- Special amenities become extra special: If you offer notable views, a hot tub, or a balcony, include images of special amenities and choose descriptive tags that indicate the extra value these rooms offer. Move these photos to the front of your photo carousel.
- Do room names reflect room value? If you place the room descriptions next to each other, do the words you use to describe higher-priced rooms indicate higher quality or level of service?
- Build up from a base of amenities: Your upgrade tier should include everything in the lower tier. If upgrading means they’ll miss out on something they already purchased, they might decline the offer.
- Images matter even more for upgrades: We recommend including at least 4 photos of each room type and at least 1 of the bathroom.